by James Byrd
I. The Oracle
A. Hexagram eleven is related closely to PEACE, hence, the coming together of heaven and earth, The Great Merger.Another variation would be the idea of -heaven and earth mingling within man,- or better yet, -They Join.-(5) The time is correct for drastic movements in any direction; at best become pervasive with you plan, but not to the point of stepping on the master of ceremonies foot as you enjoy euphoric contentment at this time. Again, there is an advantage in whatever direction one might take at this time, but if you do, do not force your opinions on those you might meet along the way, -do not use the Army.-(2)
2. Peace :
This is the times of merging for the greater good. One big greenhouse. At this time this is the image that should be on one's mind. This is not a thing that is of a permanent state, meaning it is just for the moment, now. The ebb and flow of time, accept it and move with it. During these times it is said that -openness is the prerequisite of Influence,-(2) hence, transparency is the best course of action right now. Although the times are of peaceful contentment, abound, do not stray from your appointed, or planned path. (2)
B. The Image1. Earth above, Heaven below, at this moment all is vice-versa.
a) The small go and the big come, the idea of pervading. This can be described as a situation where there is an expansion with the notion of continually spreading of prosperity via communicating the idea pervading, or connecting as we come into accord with the appointed time. (3)
b) Thus there is a great advantage in moving forward and making our crucial connections at this time for the greater good of all on earth. The preparation is for the next phase, Obstruction. (3)
II. My interpretationA. All I can see is the idea of one planet at a time. We need to focus on the up-keep of this planet right now. We know what will happen if the course of ones invasive, and opinionated ideas, being imposed on others by force, but now the need for a pervasive idiom that finally makes sense. Take care, there is only one Sun. Do you know anyone from any other planets? We are on the same planet, yet we are distant with our plans for the future of the earth. The Sun is a double edge sword, it could help the earth by maintaining life, or it could over radiate the oceans over time, again, if left un-checked, equilibrium could result in great losses. What we want to see at this time is a seed which is of heavenly qualities, with the ability to procreate, as it forces its way upwards, or up and down, within the earth. Thus, we can say the great approaches, the uniting of heaven and earth, the image of Peace. Good fortune, Success, and Growth. (1)
1. Again, now is a good time to cross the great river, in plain words, there will be going and coming with no loss. The hexagram has more to do with that of expansion and less to do with that of Splitting Apart as is the case with Hexagram 23.
Remember, no one can stop Heaven and earth from joining. Before you were born this had happened before, you cannot stop the process from happening as Heaven and Earth self- checks itself. You are here because that was your wish to be born, do not think you can now control equilibrium as it exists within this notion of now. Be a good neighbor and help keep the earth clean for the next group wishing to be born who will hopefully help the earth to evolve, and bloom. I also see fall planting of seeds today.
2. Huang, Kerson, and Rosemary (1987). I Ching
3. Karcher, S. and Ritesema, R. (1995). I Ching: The Classic Chinese Oracle of Change [The First Complete Translation with Concordance]
4. Legge, James (2012). The I Ching: The Book of Changes (Sacred Books of China: The Book of Changes)
5. Reifler, S. (1974) I Ching: The World's Oldest and Most Revered System of Fortune Telling
6. Van Over, R. (1971), I Ching
7. Wilhelm, R., and Baynes. C.F. (1967). The I Ching, or, Book of Changes (Bollingen Series XIX)
8. Wilhelm, Hellmut and Richard Wilhelm (1995). Understanding the I Ching